Save the Date and Submit a Nomination!
NAIOP Utah's Developer of the Year is the Chapter's annual recognition award honoring an individual who has truly made a mark on Utah’s commercial development landscape.
Nominations for 2018 DEVELOPER OF THE YEAR are now being accepted!
To nominate a local developer, submit a nomination letter to Lindsay Cleverly, firstname.lastname@example.org, by June 4, 2018. The letter should include:
- Contact details for both the nominator and developer being nominated.
- Reasons why the developer is due recognition.
Developer of the Year is determined by the Chapter board and event committee by using the following criteria to evaluate entries:
- Outstanding quality of projects and services: Detail innovation through the incorporation of sustainability, technology, building wellness and resiliency as they apply to development and building operations.
- Ability to adapt to market conditions: Detail adaptability and success navigating economic, community impact, demographic and environmental conditions.
- Active support of the industry: Describe the distinguished and longstanding record of service to the industry, the community and to NAIOP, as well as significant personal accomplishments.
- Support of the local community: Detail charitable and philanthropic activities within our market.
Past Developer of the Year award recipients include:
2017 - Dan Lofgren, Cowboy Partners
2016 - John L. West, Cottonwood Partners
2015 - J. Steven Price, Price Real Estate
2014 - Mark Gibbons, Investment Properties Management (City Creek)
2013 - Jake Boyer, The Boyer Company
2012 - Christian Gardner, Gardner Company
2011 - Bruce Bingham, Hamilton Partners
2010 - William Child, Jeffrey Flamm, and David Layton, The Argent Group
2009 - Randy Abood, The Ninigret Group